The Lost City
|Season 1, Episode 19|
|Original Transmission||3 June 1961|
|Written by||Gerry & Sylvia Anderson|
|Directed by||Alan Pattillo|
|Edited by||Gordon Davie|
The Dragon of Ho Meng
The Magic Carpet
The Sunken Temple
Trapped in the Depths
The Lost City is the 23rd produced episode and the 19th broadcast episode of the British television series Supercar.
Professor Watkins, a mad Englishman, has a plan to destroy Washington with a guided missile from his hideout beneath a lost city. Dr. Horatio Beaker and Mike Mercury are captured when they stumble across the city and Jimmy nearly ends up the same way, but Supercar's engines manage to destroy the Professor's robot. Mike and Beaker escape by imitating Watkins' voice, and its up to Beaker to use his radio to deflect the missile back to its home base beneath the lost city in the Amazon.
Regular Voice CastEdit
- Mike Mercury - Graydon Gould
- Professor Popkiss - George Murcell
- Dr. Horatio Beaker - David Graham
- Jimmy Gibson - Sylvia Thamm
- Mitch the Monkey - David Graham
- Watkins's robots later reappear in the Fireball XL5 episodes The Granatoid Tanks and Trial by Robot.