The Day That Time Stood Still
|Season 2, Episode 11|
|Original Transmission||15 April 1962|
|Written by||Gerry Anderson & Sylvia Anderson|
|Directed by||Alan Pattillo|
|Edited by||Gordon Davie|
The Day That Time Stood Still is the 37th produced episode and the 37th broadcast episode of the British television series Supercar.
Mike Mercury dreams of his birthday party, with all his friends, Dr.Beaker, Professor Popkiss, Jimmy, Mitch the Monkey, Zizi and Aunt Heidi. Suddenly, all his friends stop, as if time itself is frozen. A stranger in long, flowing robes appears. His name is Kalmus, he is from Mercurius, the planet of dreams, and is there to present Mike with an award for his promotion of peace and goodwill. He gives Mike a sash and magic belt which allows him to fly up and out of the workshop roof and into the sky. Suddenly, he plummets back to Earth and wakes up! It has all been a dream and the team are there for his party.
Regular Voice CastEdit
- Mike Mercury - Graydon Gould
- Professor Popkiss - Cyril Shaps
- Dr. Horatio Beaker - David Graham
- Jimmy Gibson - Sylvia Thamm
- Mitch the Monkey - David Graham
- Zizi - Sylvia Anderson
- Aunt Heidi - Sylvia Anderson
- Planitimus - Cyril Shaps
- Kalmus - David Graham
- Newsreader - David Graham (not seen on screen, voice only)
- Narrator - Graydon Gould (not seen on screen, voice only)
- Senator Glanville, mentioned by the Newsreader, is named after puppeteer Christine Glanville.