| Fireball XL5:|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Original Transmission||23 December 1962|
|Written by||Anthony Marrion|
|Directed by||Bill Harris|
Spy In Space
Flying Zodiac is the 10th Produced episode and the 9th Broadcast episode of the series Fireball XL5.
A circus visits Space City and the special guest are Madame Mivea and Cosmo the Clown, who are really Mr and Mrs Space Spy in disguise. They plan to use the circus to allow the Nomadians to take over Earth to provide a home for them.
Steve's trapeze wires are tampered with and, when they snap, Jock just manages to save him by shooting out of a cannon and grabbing his dangling ankles! The Normadian leader captures Lieutenant Ninety, but just when things seem lost, one of the Professor's experiments explodes and Venus wakes up. It was all a dream.
Regular Voice CastEdit
- Colonel Steve Zodiac - Paul Maxwell
- Venus - Sylvia Anderson
- Professor Matt Matic - David Graham
- Commander Zero - John Bluthal
- Lt. Ninety - David Graham
- Robert the Robot - Gerry Anderson
- Zoonie - David Graham
- Jock Campbell - John Bluthal
- Griselda Space Spy (Madame Mivea) - Sylvia Anderson
- Boris Space Spy (Cosmo the Clown) - David Graham
Guest Voice CastEdit
- Normadian Caravan Leader - John Bluthal
- Captain Ken Johnson - John Bluthal
- Space City Tannoy - Paul Maxwell
- Nomadians - David Graham
- Venus dreams about Boris and Griselda Space Spy (as Cosmo and Madame Mivea, respectively), so this episode must be seen before Spy in Space, where the XL5 crew meet them for the first time.
- The Caravan Leader uses light years as a measurement of time (to describe his age and how long his people have been traveling in space), but they are really a measurement of distance.
- Jock mistakes Ken Johnson for Ken Ross.