|Season 1, Episode 16|
|Original Transmission||Saturday, May 13th 1961 5:40PM|
|Written by||Martin and Hugh Woodhouse|
|Directed by||Desmond Saunders|
Flight of Fancy
Supercar is to be tested underwater to see what depths it can reach. With Bill Gibson and Beaker on the shore, Mike takes the craft 400 feet down to the seabed. suddenly, the cockpit leaks and the engines are affected. Beaker tells Mike what he must do, and soon he has restored power, only to be caught up in a mine cable. Bill Gibson dons his diving suit and goes down to try and free Supercar before the mine explodes. The tests prove, ultimately, to be a success.
- Mike Mercury - Graydon Gould
- Jimmy Gibson - Sylvia Anderson
- Professor Popkiss - George Murcell
- Dr. Horatio Beaker - David Graham
- Mitch the Monkey - David Graham
- Bill Gibson - David Graham
- Mike states that Supercar has previously been tested at 40 feet underwater, suggesting that the vehicle descended no deeper than this in Island Incident.